Saturday, January 17, 2015

Stacking the Shelves: Find Me Forever After Rising

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)

I haven't done an StS post since the end of October, so obviously I'd have quite a few new books to show off. However, I can't really remember what I bought when and I don't feel like linking up so many books ^^'' So I'll only show you some of my most recent ones.

The Forever Song, by Julie Kagawa
Red Rising, by Pierce Brown
Isla and the Happily Ever After, by Stephanie Perkins
Find Me, by Romily Bernard
Blood of My Blood, by Barry Lyga

The Forever Song has been out for, well, forever, but the release totally went past me because I was in MA thesis mode. And then I didn't know which edition to buy because my version of Immortal Rules was discontinued anyway. in the end I settled for the UK edition because I was at Waterstone's in London and that's what they had.

I also got Red Rising and Isla there, I'd wanted both for forever. And the Red Rising paperback was usually 27 bucks in Switzerland. 27 bucks for an effing paperback. Nuh-uh. The English had a much more reasonable price.

I had Find Me and Blood of My Blood in my mailbox this morning, which was a nice surprise because I thought they'd arrive on Monday and now I have an excuse to hole up in my apartment tomorrow while it snows outside ^^ I love the new cover for Find Me. The old one was more thriller-ish but if you look at the details, the new one has those relations to hacking etc. too.
And I just know that Blood of My Blood is going to be a total mindfuck. Game ended in such a terrible place but somehow I feel like things are going even more downhill for Jasper from there. That series is truly chilling. That's why I like it so much.

I did way too much blabla here for an StS post but whatever. At least I posted something, right? I'll try to write either a review or a discussion post tomorrow and have it up for Monday. Now that I'm connected to the internet again, I have this desire to blog and talk about stuff.

So yes. I haven't read any of those in my haul yet, so if you have, tell me what I need to pick up first :) Also, link me up to your own haul! I want to see some book-pretty and I'm way out of the loop as to what's coming out.

7 comments:

  1. You got some amazing books this week. The Forever Song was an
    amazing book. I totally hope you love it. Red Rising has gotten a lot of positive reviews. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Red Rising. I bought it when it first came out (hardcover) and haven't gotten to it yet! I hope you enjoy your books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Forever Song is also in my StS as well. I didn't get Red Rising this week but I did get the sequel Golden Son and asdfghj....too good for words...Really hope you enjoy Red Rising!

    new Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books are all so new to me! I'm gonna add this to my to be read list for sure! :)
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read a book by Julie Kagawa. I had Talon in my sights...
    I'd vote to read Blood of my Blood asap. I haven't read it myself yet, but I loved I Hunt Killers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY welcome back to the world of internet and congrats on such a fantastic haul!! I still have yet to read a single book by Kagawa and I need to fix that soon...considering I own like 7 of her books D: And I NEED to get my hands on Red Rising!! I hope you love it and all of these^^ Missed you lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The forever song!! it's the only book I'm missing in that series and I cannot wait to read it! *-*

    ReplyDelete