Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: City of Lost Dreams, by Magnus Flyte

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited about.


This week's pick:

Release date: November 26, 2013
Publisher: Penguin
Format: Paperback, 368 pages

Goodreads description:
The exhilarating, genre-bending sequel to the sensational New York Times bestseller City of Dark Magic

In this action-packed sequel to City of Dark Magic, we find musicologist Sarah Weston in Vienna in search of a cure for her friend Pollina, who is now gravely ill and who may not have much time left. Meanwhile, Nicolas Pertusato, in London in search of an ancient alchemical cure for the girl, discovers an old enemy is one step ahead of him. In Prague, Prince Max tries to unravel the strange reappearance of a long dead saint while being pursued by a seductive red-headed historian with dark motives of her own.

In the city of Beethoven, Mozart, and Freud, Sarah becomes the target in a deadly web of intrigue that involves a scientist on the run, stolen art, seductive pastries, a few surprises from long-dead alchemists, a distractingly attractive horseman who’s more than a little bloodthirsty, and a trail of secrets and lies. But nothing will be more dangerous than the brilliant and vindictive villain who seeks to bend time itself. Sarah must travel deep into an ancient mystery to save the people she loves.



I loved the first book in the series, City of Dark Magic (my review)! It was hilarious and different and I never knew what to expect. The sequel sounds even more intricate and I can't wait to meet all the crazy characters again! Have you heard of the series before? And what book are you eager to get your hands on?

12 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this book or the series, but its something I need to look up on goodreads :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first one but I do love hilarious and different.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when the covers are done this way. It really looks amazing. I haven't heard of this book before but sounds great :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read paranormal books for a while, but this one looks interesting.

    Here is my first WOW on romance novels blog - Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never heard of this series but i'm very intrigued. i love that cover too.

    my WoW pick this week

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome. Why haven't I heard of this series before?! Thanks for spotlighting! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you enjoyed the first book in this series(I just read your review) whoa it was a surprise to me as to how long it actually is. It seems like a magical, fun tale. Great review, and I hope you enjoy the second book, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I meant the book, 400 pgs. not your review, being long! :D

      Delete
    2. Haha well they are both long :P I seem to be unable to keep my reviews short >.<

      Delete
  8. I remember you loving the first book and me thinking I should check it out. Haven't done that yet, though. :( Hope you end up loving this one as much as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love the idea of a musicologist. I need to read the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read book one but I'm still really wanting to, my urge has never faded on this one and that's exciting to me haha Seeing the sequel is tempting me further though so I hope I can catch up soon XD I hope you love this one even more than book 1 and I hope you can get your hands on it asap! Great pick ♥

    ReplyDelete