Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: colliding with soul thiefs in the shadows makes for a bloody mess

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


This was a very ebooky week for me! No matter though, I'm going to London next week and I already know that I'm going to buy too many books >.<


For review from Netgalley

A Really Awesome Mess, by Trish Cook and Brendan Halpin
Delia's Shadow, by Jaime Lee Moyer

I loved Cook&Halpins first book, Notes From the Blender, so when this one was a 'read now' on Netgalley I just had to have it!
I'd highlighted Delia's Shadow as my WoW a couple weeks ago - the historical setting in San Francisco and the ghosts sound right up my alley :)


Ebooks

Dirty Blood, by Heather Hildenbrand
Soul Thief, by Jana Oliver
Collide, by Shelly Crane

I've had my eye on all of these for a while. I wanted to read Soul Thief right after reading The Demon Trapper's Daughter more than a year ago but was waiting for the price to drop. Two nights ago I decided I was tired of waiting and bought it anyway. The other two were freebies and I remembered reading good reviews, so I grabbed them :)


Have you heard of or read these books? What can you recommend? And what's new on your shelves this week?
By the way, I'm having a discussion about print vs. ebook buying patterns and there are also two giveaways going on, just check out the left sidebar :)

14 comments:

  1. Some nice additions there. I haven't seen any of these before. I particularly like the look of Soul Thief. Happy reading!

    My STS @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been really wanting to start the Jana Oliver series :) And I really like the cover for Delia's Shadow! Great haul :)

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some fantastic books there! Look forward to your thoughts.

    Happy reading, darling! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Really Awesome Mess sounds like such a cute read and Delia's Shadow looks amazing!
    I hope you enjoy your fantastic books!

    Here's my haul : http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2013/07/book-haul-weekly-recap-29.html

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Who doesn't love freebies. I do as well. Come visit me as well. You got some amazing books this week. Come visit me too. Oh my blog is now here:

    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these but happy reading.

    Tsuki's STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Really Awesome Mess looks really good. I'll have to check that one out.
    Enjoy all your books & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Really Awesome Mess was quite a good read. I enjoyed it. I haven't really heard of the others, but I do like the look of Delia's Shadow. Nice haul and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. delia's shadow looks really good. i'm intrigued by the cover. fantastic books this week--happy reading :)

    hope you can stop by my StS.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard that A Really Awesome Mess is really good :)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should have requested Delia's Shadow! It sounds SO GOOD.

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul. Delia's Shadow sounds interesting. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have The Demon Trapper's Daughter, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Sounds like I need to make time if you're excited enough to buy the sequel when it's not on sale. :P Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul!! These are almost all new to me - except Delia's Shadow, which I also want to read (can't wait to see what you think of it too)! SO I guess I'm off to check out the rest of this good-looking haul and probably add to my TBR shelf :D Thanks Carmen, congrats on all these & happy reading!

    ReplyDelete