Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm back! Sorta...

Hey guys :)

Just a quick note to let you know I got back from my holiday in London last night! I had a great week and some much-needed time away from my day-to-day life. Thank you for your wonderful comments on my post about going away! I missed not being around for a week but at the same time, I kind of needed to be mostly off the internet as well.

Real life has me again though... after catching up on work and my work-email today, I could then go home and catch up on personal email and only just got done >.<
So no blog post on Thursday. I'm going to look at an apartment (another one...) and maybe maybe this time, after several months of going through Zurich's apartment hell, I'll actually get it. Not sure I believe in it anymore though. Amazing what I'm willing to do to get back into my country's most expensive city o.O It's also my favorite city though and I made it my home, so I want back.

Anyhow, I hope I can write a review tomorrow so I can post in on Friday and get back into the swing of things. Be prepared for my London book haul on Saturday, too ;) And Sunday I should be ready to show you some holiday pics, although to be honest only my sister brought a camera and we were so busy living, we actually didn't take all that many pictures.

Thanks for hanging around, guys! Now that I'm back and I've handed in all my essays and papers, I hope I can be more social again :)

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Carmen! :D
    And aww, no apartment yet still? The owners are REALLY missing out on a good tenant. D:<
    And I hope you had fun in London! I wish I could go! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* yeah, the apartment market in Zurich is insane. I was 15mins early to a viewing today and there were already 20 others in line.
      London was great though, you should go if you get the chance :) Then again, you live in NYC so I guess you'll be a little harder to impress than I am ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to that book haul! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muaha, I'm also looking forward to sharing the haul ;)

      Delete
  3. YAY, welcome back Carmen :D Disconnecting from internet life for a much needed vaca is necessary sometimes. I hope you had a freaking blast in London! I sure wish I was going soon...this year...next year...anytime really >.< I look forward to seeing your London Book haul and even a few London pics!! But don't stress yourself out, we'll still be here when you have the time ♥

    Best of luck with the apartment hun, the right one is out there waiting for you so this might be the one *crosses fingers*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London was great, also as a test for how things work when my sister and I go abroad alone together... you know, keeping in mind that epic road trip we have planned for next summer ;)
      The London stuff I should definitely be able to post this weekend and I hope I can find the time to write a review tomorrow!

      The apartment stuff sucks... I find plenty of great places, but there are usually 50+ people applying and most of them earn more money than I do so they get the preference :/

      Delete