Saturday, March 30, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: in which I show my face with the Princess

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)

Well, this week was both slow and at the same time awesome for me! Because of this:

Please excuse my unkemptness! I spent Good Friday in my PJs, aka ratty band shirt and oversized hoodie, haha ^^' But I FINALLY got my copy of Clockwork Princess on Thursday afternoon! Not that I preordered it months ago but amazong was being an ass or anything -__-'' And now that I finished Cat Winters' wonderful In the Shadow of Blackbirds, I can read it :D I'm a little scared though... it's going to break my heart either way :/

The only other book I got is Hamlet, and I actually bought it last week but forgot to put it into my haul. I need it for one of my classes, and it will be my first time reading it. Which is sort of embarrassing considering that I'm a postgrad student of English Literature. But I actively avoided the play this far - Shakespeare's tragedies are too good; they tear me up inside. Just think of Othello and Macbeth! That's why I read more of his comedies. Anyway, I got myself the Arden edition because I like their notes and introductions.

goodreads

I know what the play is about of course but I'm fuzzy on the details so I'm actually looking forward to reading it now! I'll get to it some time next week.

I haven't been very active post wise and the main reason for that is that I was sick from Monday afternoon to Friday morning. I found it hard to focus with the fever I had and couldn't stare at a screen or book too long because my eyes started to hurt.

But I posted a new review Friday night. It's for Florence by Ciye Cho, a mermaid book that I enjoyed a lot.

So... thoughts on my haul? My silly face? The books (no spoilers please)? Also, happy Easter to all!! May the chocolate bunnies be with you ^^ And please share links to you own haul!

12 comments:

  1. Have fun with Hamlet! I think it's amazing, it's certainly not one of the more gruesome tragedies - not like Macbeth and Othello! Just... be prepared is all I'll say! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read about the Prince lol! Been sitting on my shelf since the release day...*tsk tsk* :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Hamlet. One of those many plays that is so very interesting.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I never preorder anything online, the books might arrive late so I just wait for the release day and trudge to the bookstore myself. Also, the book I brought from the bookstore will probably also be in better condition since my mailman seems to hate me.
    Anyway, yay! Clockwork Princess and Hamlet! (I still can't believe that my english teacher somehow made me fall in love with Hamlet.) Enjoy them both Carmen! (:

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hamlet has a gogeous cover!!! *-* 'may the chocolate bunnies bne with you' LOL!!! I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Clockwork Princess!!!! LOVED IT!!! CRIED!!!! AMAZING!!!! Went to her signing last week and got my copy signed so I am super happy. Enjoy! Jem <3
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great about Clockwork Princess. I'm sooooo nervous about reading it. I'm sure there will be tears. Anyway, enjoy your books and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for CP, hope you enjoy it, I didn't like it very much, I was disappointed.

    Enjoy your books!
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm eagerly anticipating my signed copy of The Clockwork Princess!

    My STS

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI! *waves at 'picture Carmen'* I had a pre-order horror story with Book Depository once. It was actually one of the newer Mortal Instruments books and I got it 2 weeks after it was released o.O didn't really see the point of calling it a 'pre-order.

    Anyways, YAY for Clockwork Princess - finally! Reading everyone's praise & intense emotion for it has me itching to start the series. I hope you'll LOVE it as much as everyone else (if you're not done yet!)

    Oh and I hope you'll love Hamlet; back in high-school it was one of my favorites :D I hope you're feeling better doll - enjoy ALL your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, CP2...you're right, either way, it's going to break your heart because it's the end. :) I've never actually read Hamlet, but I've enjoyed every other Shakespeare play I've read. And you don't look unkempt, you look comfy. :)

    ReplyDelete