Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Masquerade

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: • Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Alright, today's Top Ten Tuesday topic is just too hard to choose >.< I don't like picking and limiting my options. Top Ten favorite characters in X genre? Can't do it...

So I'm teasing you instead ;)
After taking it easy on my Sequels Challenge so far, this is the third one I'm reading in the past week. Here's my teaser, scroll down for the book description:

add it on goodreads
"Schuyler felt her vision focus and her senses heighten. She knew she was moving fast - so quickly that it felt as though everyone else around her were standing still. Yet the woman was moving just as fast, if not faster, soaring across the narrow channels that wormed through the city, dodging speedboats and flying towards the other side of the river. But Schulyer was right at her heels, the two of them a blur of motion across the cityscape. Schuyler found herself unexpectedly exhilarated by the pursuit, as if she were stretching muscles she didn't know she had."
-Masquerade, page 13



Goodreads description:
Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help - her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparations are feverishly underway for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman - a true Blue Blood affair.

But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny.

Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga will leave readers thirsting for more.



What do you think of my teaser? Have you read the Blue Bloods novels? And what book did you choose this week? Link me up in the comments :)

4 comments:

  1. An intriguing tease. I haven't seen this book before so I'm going to go and check it out.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series, but I'm definitely intrigued. I'm not even sure what paranormal beings are in this. :) Thanks for sharing! Here's my teaser from Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Blue Bloods, are they all vampires? or why are they all running so fast? My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I'll have to add that to my TBR! Thanks for visiting our TT

    ReplyDelete