Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stacking the Shelves



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the goodies we got in the mail this week, be that books for review, ebooks, or print copies.

Since I'm still on my book buying ban, this week was quiet.



A Perfect Blood, by Kim Harrison
The Queens and the Hive, by Edith Sitwell

The UK paperback of A Perfect Blood is one I already preordered months ago and I can't wait to read it! I'm a huge fan of The Hollows, the series pretty much introduced me to Urban Fantasy :)
The Queens and the Hive is one I need for a seminar on Queens, Glamour, Power, and Femininity. We look at different representations and (re)figurings of Queens in literature, painting, and film. The books is not readily available anymore, so mine is a secondhand copy from amazon printed in 1971. It's all yellowed with age and has this wonderful old book smell ^^

Next up on my NetGalley pile are these two:



I'm excited to read them and hope I can get a review up before the release dates.

But enough about my pile, what did you have in yours?

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the new books! I hope you enjoy them all. ^.^ If you would like to you can check out my Stacking The Shelves post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't preordered anything for a while. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read The Shadow Society, great haul. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow Society looks interesting. A haul that has some diversity in it. The Queen book looks interesting.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these, but Shadow Society looks good.
    Happy reading!
    My StS post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love Kim Harrison. A Perfect Blood is sitting in my library right now:) Check out my STS:
    http://andreaheltsleybooks.com/2012/10/06/stacking-the-shelves-13/
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hum... a book ban? I went on a similar strike, too... LOL. It lasted three months. The Shadow society sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Harrison rocks and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on The Shadow Society, my haul posts on Sunday in my Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! You're lucky you got those two from Netgalley! ;) I hope you like The Shadow Society, I heard it's good! And thanks for stopping by my StS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I plan to read Shadow Society soon, too it looks so good! And nice haul the Kim Harrison series has been on my wishlist for ages!

    Giselle @ Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know these books but I hope you enjoy them.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Perfect Blood looks amazing & so does Shadow Society! I hope you enjoy all these when you get into them! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my blog :)

    Old follower via GFC but I followed you on Networked Blogs as well! Here's my Stacking the Shelves

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for new books! Hope you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by my IMM.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the Shadow Society too and will hopefully get around to it soon. I have so many books at the moment where I've already missed the release date so I really need to get a move on. Enjoy all your books.

    Thanks for stopping by my Stack :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg Shadow Society!!! Lucky you! I want to check that out when it comes out. So impatient for books to come out and I end up requesting so many from NetGalley lol

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves #23

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also on a book buying ban. Pretty hard isn't it? I cheated today, again...

    Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha, when I requested Midnight City on NG, I thought I was requesting The Shadow City...both covers are similar and both sound great, so it's no matter. But I'd still like to read TSC. Can't wait to see what you think of it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete