Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: characters I'd like to switch places with for 24h

This week's TTT topic is both great but also difficult to answer. I mean, let's be honest: while there are tons of awesome books and characters, most of them go through really painful and shitty situations for large parts of the story. While I may admire them for getting through it all, that doesn't mean I'd want to be in their place. But here goes... in no particular order.

1. Mae in Sarah Rees Brennan's The Demon's Covenant
Mae is strong and independent and smart, trying to navigate herself and her brother through a world that suddenly sports demons and magicians without any superpowers of her own. While she has it tough, I'd love to meet all the other characters from the series (Nick *cough*) and go to the Goblin Market.







2. Karou in Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Definitely a world I'd like to inhabit - you know, as long as it's only for a day. I don't think I'd be fierce enough to make it much longer. But to have some of those small wishes at my disposal? Not bad... also, I loved Prague when I was there last week and want to go back already. (Besides, Karou has blue hair, and I'd love to try that out.)






3. Thursday Next in Jasper Fforde's The Eyre Affair
Living in a world where literature is still all the rage and people have dodos as pets and travel by airship? Sounds fine to me. Also, I love her crazy uncle. And hello, she can travel into books and meet the characters! How awesome is that? (as long as you don't have to deal with the fallout)







4. Sidney from Richelle Mead's Bloodlines novels
I would be a terrible Rose because I can't fight to save my life, but I really identified with Sidney. She fights in different ways. Trading with her would be interesting, plus I'd get to meet Adrian *hehe*.








5. Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman graphic novels
Weird request, but I'd really love to be her for a day. Unique perspective, among other things. She rocks. I know she has a hard job, but still.







6. Magnus Bane, from Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series
by Rozetto on deviantart
I find him an extremely fascinating and elusive character. I'd like a peek into his mind, and I'd be curious to see what he does all day and how he ticks.











7. Ivy from Kim Harrison's The Hollows series
Kickass vampire and super-organized. I'd love to spend a day in the world of The Hollows but let's be honest, I wouldn't want to walk in Rachel Morgan's shoes - her life is too much of a mess for me to handle.








8. Cat from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series
Spending time with Bones, Vlad and Mencheres? Count me in.










9. Riley from Jana Oliver's the Demon Trappers series
I wouldn't want to trade with her for more than a day, but it would be one action-filled hell of a ride.









10. Sebastian Michaelis from Yana Toboso's Kuroshitsuji manga series
I don't know if mangas count... but having Sebastian's powers for a day would be awesome. Also, I'd be able to try and outwit Ciel's orders, and I'd finally know what his true demon form looks like.








This was really hard to come up with, because most stories are about awful things happening to great people. Not something you'd like to trade places with. I'm curious to see who you guys would like to trade places with and hear what you think of my choices.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books but some of those characters sound great. I didn't even think of any graphic novel characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I really want to read Jana Oliver's series. They sound pretty good. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete